BA (Hons), DipMs, CH, GQHP, MFHT
- NGH Certified Hypnotherapist 2012
- Registered with the Federation of Holistic Therapists and listed on their Complementary Healthcare Therapist Register which has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care, a body accountable to Parliament
- Included on the General Hypnotherapy Register which is a professional association and register of practising hypnotherapists
Health and wellbeing is something I feel passionate about, as a hypnotherapist I am able to help and support people make changes to their lives and to help them cope better with stress.
Whatever your stage of life or current challenges, it’s likely that hypnotherapy can help you. Perhaps you are just curious and wonder what being in hypnosis feels like; why not come and see me and find out. Most people enjoy being in hypnosis and find it deeply relaxing. Spending time in hypnosis can lead to an increased sense of wellbeing and you may find yourself feeling more and more relaxed in your everyday life. Come and find out what hypnotherapy can do for you, and discover just how relaxed you can feel.
I qualified in 2012 after undertaking a classroom based National Guild of Hypnotists course in London with Dr Kate Beaven-Marks. I passed three exams covering the theoretical and practical aspects of hypnotherapy.
I’ve been working alongside healthcare professionals in an administrative capacity for about twenty years, moving from the NHS to health charities in 2004. I continue to work part-time in an administrative role supporting nurses and helpliners who work on a UK-wide cancer helpline.
Areas of work
- Stress – work and/or life stress
- Anxiety – understanding anxiety and learning how to relax
- General wellbeing – feel good and function well
- Phobias (including fear of medical and dental procedures)
- Confident public speaking
- Pure relaxation
- Ease exam/study stress
- Changing habits – changing unwanted/unproductive habits to more beneficial ones (food, exercise, sleep, lifestyle)
- Adjusting to life with a long term medical condition
- Plus there are a whole range of other problems that hypnotherapy can help with
- The Life Enhancing Programme for Busy People– specifically for those feeling overwhelmed, pressurised, stressed and exhausted – this programme helps bring about change, creating space for balance and calm in busy lives
A number of other programmes are available.
During our sessions you will be seated in a comfortable chair. You will have the opportunity to experience hypnosis from the very first session, so it’s likely you will notice an improvement right from the start.
I offer a friendly, caring and compassionate approach without judgement. Why not get in touch to see how I could help you?
Lisa French Hypnotherapy
Empowering you for life
This blog is intended to be complementary to medical advice and not a substitute for it. If you have any concerns about your health contact a doctor
Please note there are some contraindications hypnosis won’t be suitable for you if you have dementia, brain damage, diminished/poor mental capacity or if you are severely depressed. If you have had any episodes of psychosis then hypnosis should be avoided.